Do you want to learn how to make an amazingly easy and healthy coconut flour muffin recipe? These gluten free apple coconut flour muffins make the best guilt free grab & go breakfast or snack!
We have been trying to significantly cut back on our grain consumption. We love baking muffins with almond flour. However, I have a ton of coconut flour that needs to be used, so we’ve been making a lot of coconut flour muffins with it.
Since my family loves the Pumpkin Coconut Flour muffins that I make, I decided to try making them with apple instead of pumpkin puree. Unlike pumpkin, we can get apples year round, even in the mountains so I wanted something more versatile.
The result is a deliciously hearty grain free apple coconut flour muffins recipe that the whole family loves. They make a great grab and go breakfast or snack.
This recipe makes 12 muffins, so you can feel free to double up on the ingredients if you’re baking for a large group!
Gluten Free Apple Coconut Flour Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (do not over mix). Add in the grated apple and mix again until it's evenly incorporated. The mixture will be thick.
- Grease a muffin pan or line with paper or silicone muffin cups.
- Portion the batter into the tin with an ice cream scoop.
- Press the batter down slightly with a fork so it fills out the muffin cup.
- Bake your apple coconut flour muffins for 14 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool completely before removing the apple coconut flour muffins.