Are you looking for a grain free gingerbread men cookies recipe that’s also dairy and refined sugar free? This gluten free recipe is easy to make and the cookies hold their shape well, making them ideal for decorating.
Tis’ the season for baking Christmas cookies – and for the messes that come along with it! The girls and I had so much fun making gingersnap cookies that we decided to make Gingerbread Men cookies this weekend. After the last sugary recipe we made, I decided we needed to make something that was grain and refined sugar free – so Gingerbread Men it was!
Making these cookies was really fun for the girls. They actually did most of the work – and made most of the mess. Kaylee was already covered in ingredients just minutes into our baking escapades.
She also helped me clean up. What a cutie!
If you’re looking for a good gingerbread men recipe that’s grain and refined sugar free, give this recipe a try. These Gingerbread Men cookies really hold their shape well with cookie cutters and they don’t puff up, so they’re easy to ice too.
Grain Free Gingerbread Men Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 275° F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and sea salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, molasses, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Be sure the melted coconut oil is somewhat cooled down or it will cook the eggs.
- Combine the dry mixture with the wet mixture and stir until the dough comes together and the lumps are gone.
- Divide dough into two halves and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Take one half out of the refrigerator and roll it out to about ¼” thickness.
- Use your gingerbread men (or other shapes) cookie cutters to cut your cookies, then transfer to parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Re-roll out the leftover dough until there isn’t enough to make a cookie from, then repeat the process with the other ball of dough.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until your gingerbread men are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool briefly on the pan, then move to a wire rack to cool. If you don’t use a wire rack, the bottoms of the cookies may get soggy.
- If you want, you can decorate your gingerbread men with icing. Otherwise these are a pretty healthy treat all on their own!