Learn how to make refreshing Grapefruit Lime Lotion Bars to moisturize skin in this easy DIY beauty tutorial.
Making lotion bars is not only easier than you may think, and a lot of fun to make, but they are really handy to have on hand. Keep them by your sink to use after doing the dishes or cleaning, and they make great gifts for others as well.
This particular blend contains both lime and grapefruit essential oils for a great powerhouse blend of citrus. They smell fantastic and the scent is very refreshing and makes a great pick me up!
You can substitute your favorite essential oil scents to customize the recipe or look below for more lotion bar tutorials with different formulations and essential oil combinations.
DIY Grapefruit Lime Lotion Bars Recipe
- Add the coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax to the top half of your double boiler over medium heat. Stir frequently until it everything is melted and clear. Turn off the heat.
- Next, add in your essential oil drops and stir well. You may add more than the amount given if you choose, but start with the recommended drops, and then see if you feel like it needs more.
- Pour the mixture slowly into your silicone mold. If the wax starts to set up during this process, just place it back over the hot water and let it melt again, but because this is a smaller recipe, you may not have that issue.
- Let the molds harden for a few hours before popping them out to be sure they are all cooled and hardened. The centers tend to stay warm for a while. Feel the bottom of the mold to be sure it feels pretty cool before popping them out. Then once you think they are ready, they should fall out with very little force. Flip them over and let them sit and cool a bit longer with the tops up.
- Once completely cooled, store in airtight jar at room temperature. Do not leave in your car or anywhere that gets too warm, or they will melt and make a mess!