Are you looking for easy ways to get your kids to eat healthier so they have better focus? Check out how we set up the perfect green smoothie bowl bar!
Smoothie bowls are a fun family breakfast idea! Everyone gets to add their favorite toppings and make beautiful creations to eat.
If your kiddos are scared to try green smoothies, having them try a green smoothie bowl will ease the transition because they get to top it with lots of yummy ingredients.
I’ll share a list of some of the things we put out when we have a green smoothie bowl bar. Feel free to add your faves to the list!
How to Set Up the Perfect Green Smoothie Bowl Bar
This recipe is for one serving. Multiple it by the number of people you’ll be serving.
- 1 cup raw organic spinach
- 1 medium-sized organic banana
- 1/2 cup frozen organic strawberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (plain or vanilla)
Smoothie Bowl Topping Suggestions
- 1 organic apple, thinly sliced
- Organic strawberries, thinly sliced (or your favorite berries)
- Slivered nuts, such as almonds, pecans or walnuts
- Seeds, such as sunflower, chia or hemp
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Cacao Nibs
- Lay out all of the topping options. The more the merrier! I find that the more there is to choose from, the more the kids will try.
- Once you have all of your toppings ready, place the spinach, bananas, strawberries and almond milk into your blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more almond milk to thin or ice to thicken, if you’d like.
- Pour your green smoothie into bowls.
- Now this is where it gets fun! You can top your smoothie bowl with anything from the smoothie bowl bar! I love watching the kids create their works of art.
- Enjoy as a delicious breakfast, snack or light lunch!
Kaylee’s Green Smoothie Bowl Creation
Zoë’s Green Smoothie Bowl Creation
Pin This Post to Your Smoothie Board