Now that school is back is session, you may be on the hunt for some new after-school snack ideas. These Blackberry & Dragon Fruit Homemade Gummies are delicious and fun for kids!
Finding fun snacks the kids love can be challenging, but not impossible by any means. Turn any fruit into homemade gummies, and it’s sure to be a hit with the kids, but this mom loves them too!
Making your own homemade gummies means that you don’t have to worry about questionable ingredients, including all the preservatives, food dyes and artificial flavors they add to them.
Homemade Gummies made from Dragon Fruit, berries and grassfed gelatin are full of great things for your kiddos. So go ahead and turn them into a fun shape and you have a huge winner in the lunchbox!
And be sure to check out my Dragon Fruit Smoothie Recipe. It’s a great way to use up any leftover dragon fruit from this recipe. And kids LOVE the color!
Blackberry and Dragon Fruit Homemade Gummies
- ½ cup dragon fruit
- ½ cup blackberries
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons grassfed gelatin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ cup filtered water
- Non-stick cooking spray (propellant free)
- A silicone mold like this awesome Wonder Woman one – perfect shape for a lunchbox or snack surprise!
- Spray mold with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. I like to place it on a cookie sheet to make it easy to move around without spilling.
- Place water, dragon fruit and blackberries in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes until fruit begins to break down.
- Remove from heat and puree with an immersion blender or your regular blender. Remember, if you use a regular blender, you need to vent the lid or the heat will cause a volcano to erupt out the top!
- If you used a normal blender, return the fruit puree to your pan and quickly stir in honey and lime juice.
- Whisk in gelatin a little at a time until well combined.
- Carefully pour the mixture into your silicone molds, filling them evenly to the top of the mold.
- Place the mold in refrigerator and allow your homemade gummies to harden. The freezer makes for an even quicker set time.
- Flip your silicone mold over and pop out your gummies.
- Place in a container with a lid and store in fridge until ready to use. They are good for up to a week.
What other fruits do you like to add to homemade gummies?
Be sure to pin this post to your snacks and treats board!