This is a sponsored post created in partnership with Albertsons.
I swear I get busier and busier every single week. I have always taken a lot on, but it’s awesome that these days I’m taking on more and more things that I love.
Being so busy makes it harder to prepare dinner from scratch each night, so I have been using my crockpot more often. I like to make enough food to last us 2-3 days for dinner so all I have to do is pop the crockpot on a bit before dinner to heat up the leftovers.
One of my favorite easy and tasty crockpost recipes is for Homemade Honey Orange Chicken. The kids love it and so do Brian and I. It’s really easy to throw together and let it cook all day. Since we have a rice cooker, it makes it super easy on me to serve a healthy and delicious dinner.
Homemade Honey Orange Chicken Recipe
- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 4-6 cups chopped veggies (carrots, bell peppers, onions, broccoli, etc.)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup tamari
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (optional)
- 4 cups dry rice, cooked and prepared (I use a rice cooker)
- Whisk the honey, orange juice, tamari, ketchup and Sriracha in a small bowl. Taste the sauce and adjust to your taste.
- Put the chicken and veggies in the crockpot, and pour the sauce over them.
- Turn the crockpot on low and cook for about 6 hours.
- At this point the chicken should easily shred for you in the crockpot, so shred it with a couple of forks and mix everything up.
- Serve the Orange Chicken over rice or rice noodles.
It’s as easy as that, and it’s never a battle to get the girls to finish their dinner (although they don’t love bell peppers)! This week, be sure to visit your local Albertsons to pick up all of these ingredients!