Are you looking for a fun twist on the traditional fruit salad for your summer barbecue? You’ll love this Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad recipe!
One of my absolute favorite things about summer time is the fruit. There’s nothing better than fresh, local, organic, in season fruit on a hot summer day. It’s tasty and so refreshing!
I look forward to visiting the Farmer’s Market each week with my daughters and choosing the fruits we’ll enjoy that week. It’s a fun bonding experience that I hope they’ll always remember.
Now that it’s warm again, we’ve started making bowls of fruit salad that we can eat anytime we need a snack during the day. It’s so convenient to have a delicious, healthy snack we can eat at a moment’s notice.
Last week, we decided to make a honey lime dressing to “dress up” our fruit salad. It’s gives it a sweet, yet slightly tart, flavor. And the lime helps to preserve the fruit salad a bit longer than it would stay fresh on its own.
If you want to try a new fruit salad recipe, give this Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad at try and let us know what you think.
Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad Recipe
Choose organic produce when you can!
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup mandarin oranges
- 1 cup grapes, sliced in half
- 1 cup cherries, sliced in half and seeds removed
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- ¼ cup raw honey (local is best)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- To prepare the dressing, combine honey, orange juice, lime juice and zest in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the prepared fruit and stir.
- Pour the honey lime dressing over the fruit and stir lightly to coat.
- Enjoy! This recipe will serve about six people. If you won’t be eating it right away, be sure to store it in the refrigerator.
Pin this Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad Recipe for Later