If you love woodland animal Christmas ornament crafts, learn how to make an easy Bear Wood Slice Ornament. It’s a nice handmade gift that’s cute on a tree!
We live in the mountains in Big Bear. So there are bear decorations everywhere – it’s a huge part of the culture here. We even have bear cutouts on our house!
So I decided it would be fun to make a homemade Bear Wood Slice Christmas Ornament since I had some extra wood slices after finishing the Baby Fox Wood Slice Christmas Ornament tutorial.
I think it turned out super adorable! I think we could even whip up a huge batch of these and sell them to tourists over the Christmas holidays! They’d make a really fun handmade souvenir in addition to a fun gift idea.
If you’re looking for a fun homemade wood slice Christmas ornament tutorial, we hope you’ll love our easy Bear Wood Slice Ornament!
How to Make a Homemade Bear Wood Slice Christmas Tree Ornament
- Paint the wood slice dark brown. You'll probably need to use 1-2 coats to cover completely, depending on the quality of your acrylic paint. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Start by cutting a muzzle from your light brown felt as shown below.
- Glue the light brown felt muzzle onto the wood slice.
- Cut an oval from your black felt to use as a nose, then glue it onto the light brown felt.
- Use a black paint marker to draw eyes on your bear wood slice ornament.
- Cut small half circles from dark brown felt, then cut smaller half circles from pink felt. Glue the pieces together to make the bear's ears.
- Put a dab of glue on the middle of the felt half circles and pinch together to round out the ears.
- Glue the ears to the bear wood slice.
- Use a white paint marker to add detail to the eyes.
- Glue twine onto the back of your bear wood slice ornament for hanging on your Christmas tree.
- Hang it from your tree for others to admire or hand them out as gifts!