Mother’s Day is just a few days away, and this Lemon Salt Scrub would make an excellent last minute gift for the special woman in your life! All you need is a few simple ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your kitchen or bathroom cabinet!
Best of all, you can literally whip this lemon salt scrub recipe up in a very short amount of time. So if you have a busy week ahead of you and you just won’t have time to shop, making your own special homemade gift for Mother’s Day is a very easy, affordable and convenient way to give a special gift.
Homemade Invigorating Lemon Salt Scrub
- 1 cup epson salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 5-8 drops of lemon essential oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the olive oil and coconut oil. If your coconut oil is too hard, you can lightly melt it.
- Next, add the epson salt to the oil mixture and combine. If you melted your coconut oil, make sure it’s cool before adding the salt or you’ll lose that great texture.
- One the oil and salt are combined, add the lemon essential oil and mix until well combined. If the mixture is too soft, you can refrigerate it for 30 minutes to firm up the coconut oil.
- Store your lemon salt scrub in a sealed container in your bathroom and use to smooth and pamper your skin.