After discovering exfoliating sugar cubes, I cut back on making sugar scrubs. The combination of jasmine and rose essential oils makes this the ultimate DIY beauty product to learn how to make and gift!
When spring arrives, a desire to surround myself with all things floral consumes me. Check out my Instagram feed if you don’t believe me!
Since I have such an obsession with exfoliating sugar cubes and bars (seriously, check out my other tutorials for these scents: Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint and Vanilla Rose!), I decided to whip up a batch with jasmine oil and rose oil.
They are simply divine! There is something so special about the combination of these two essential oils!
I’m hoarding the batch I made, but I plan to whip up another round the next time I need a homemade gift idea. Anyone would love to indulge in a little pampering with these adorable little exfoliating sugar cubes.
How to Make Jasmine Rose Exfoliating Sugar Cubes
Ingredients and Supplies
- 1/2 cup shea butter, shredded
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 drops vitamin E oil
- 12 drops rose essential oil
- 10 jasmine essential oil
- 2-3 drops pink food coloring
- Double boiler
- Silicone mold with 15 cavities
- Add the shea butter and coconut oil to your double boiler, and heat over medium, stirring frequently, until they are melted and well combined.
- Remove pan from heat, wait a couple minutes (don’t allow the mixture to re-harden) and add the Vitamin E oil and essential oils. Stir well to evenly distribute your oils.
- Add the pink soap colorant and stir again until your desired shade of pink is achieved.
- Mix in the sugar and stir until incorporated.
- Sprinkle sugar into the bottom of each silicone mold cavity.
- Then, transfer the exfoliating sugar cube mixture into each mold, pressing down firmly.
- Place the mold into the refrigerator for 2 hours to cool (I like to put my silicone molds on a baking sheet or cutting board so it’s easier to move around).
- Remove your silicone mold from the refrigerator, pop your exfoliating sugar cubes out of the mold and store in an airtight glass container for up to 6 months.
- For each shower or bath, remove 1-2 cubes from their storage container and crush in your hands.
- Massage the scrub mixture onto your wet skin in a circular motion. Enjoy the sweet aromas of rose and jasmine!
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
- Apply your favorite body moisturizer like this body butter.