Are you looking for a cold, yummy treat to beat the summer heat? These Kiwi Strawberry Dinosaur Frozen Yogurt Treats hit the spot every single time!
Hot summer days are here, and I have to tell you – I’m melting. Seriously. We live in the mountains, and we typically have very moderate weather.
This summer, however, has had some very hot days. Since heat is rare here, no one has air conditioners in their homes. Hence my comment about melting. I was not meant to live in the heat!
My girls aren’t used to the heat either. You can tell it’s been getting to them because they have been more cranky than usual.
So we’ve been making a lot more smoothies (some of our favorites are Peanut Butter Banana, Tropical and Coconut Cream. We’ve also been making a lot more frozen treats like homemade ice cream, ice pops and frozen yogurt covered blueberries. I often freeze organic yogurt tubes, but I thought it would make some fun frozen yogurt treats shaped like dinosaurs.
Kaylee has been really into dinosaurs lately, especially after making Hidden Toy Bath Bombs, so that’s why we went with dinosaurs. However, you can use any shape of silicone mold you already have on hand.
Just follow the directions below and your kids will be thrilled with the result!
Strawberry Kiwi Frozen Yogurt Dinosaur Treat
- Dinosaur Silicone Mold
- Organic Strawberry Yogurt
- After gathering all of your ingredients, you will start by peeling the fuzzy skin off of each of your kiwis.
- Dice the kiwis very small.
- Add a layer of yogurt to your silicone molds. Do not add any oil or non-stick sprays. Silicone molds do not need it.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of diced kiwis to each section of the mold.
- Fill the remainder of each section of the mold with strawberry yogurt.
- Use the back of a butter knife to scrape across the top of the mold to remove any excess yogurt.
- Freeze the yogurt treats for at least 3 hours.
- Simply pop your yogurt treats from the silicone mold and enjoy! You can store them in the freezer in an airtight container and use them as treats on a hot summer day.