Learn how to make the best Lemon Sugar Scrub Cubes in this easy DIY beauty recipe. You’ll get the benefits of exfoliating and cleansing at the same time!
If you like sugar scrubs, you’ll absolutely love sugar scrub cubes. All the great exfoliating benefits with less mess in the shower.
In this recipe, the lemon essential oil and zest are invigorating to the senses and the exfoliation helps to awaken the body.
Here are some other lemon skincare recipes you’ll want to consider pairing with these lemon sugar scrub bars to start the day:
This recipe makes about a dozen sugar scrub cubes if you use a similar silicone mold as I did. If you choose a different mold, the total quantity may vary.
Lemon Sugar Scrub Cubes Recipe
- Add the shredded soap base and coconut oil to a double boiler over medium heat, stirring frequently until melted.If you don't have a double boiler, you can fit a glass mixing bowl into a pan of water to make your own makeshift double boiler pan.
- Remove the pan from heat and pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl, then add the lemon essential oil and mix well.
- If you’d like, go ahead and whisk in the yellow soap colorant until you reach your ideal color. Remember that adding the sugar will lighten the color too.
- Stir in the lemon zest.
- Pour the granulated sugar into the mixture and stir quickly as the liquid will begin to harden as soon as you add the sugar.
- Transfer the sugar scrub cube mixture to the silicone mold, pressing down firmly and filling each cavity all the way to the top. Freeze the sugar scrub cubes in the silicone mold for 1 hour to allow the cubes to completely harden.
- Once they're hardened, remove the lemon sugar cubes from the silicone molds and store in an airtight glass container.