Are you looking for an easy sugar scrub cube recipe to awaken your senses? Our DIY citrus sugar scrub cubes are the perfect way to start your day.
I have always loved exfoliating my skin. I discovered the St. Ive’s Apricot Face Scrub when I was in high school (before I knew anything about ingredient safety) and I was hooked.
I’ve made peppermint sugar scrub bars and lavender sugar scrub cubes and vanilla rose sugar scrub hearts, so this time I decided to share a lemon sugar scrub cube recipe. With Spring finally in full swing, I thought it was the perfect uplifting scent.
Using any lemon personal care product is the perfect way to start your day. Here are some other lemon beauty recipes you’ll want to consider pairing with these lemon sugar scrub bars:
- Citrus Body Butter
- Lemon Basil Lotion Bars
- Lemon Salt Scrub
- Lemon Drop Foot Scrub
- Honey Lemon Nourishing Face Mask
I love using these lemon sugar scrub cubes in the mornings along with any of the other lemon beauty recipes. Especially on those days where I’m having trouble getting going for the day.
The lemon essential oil and zest are invigorating to my senses and the exfoliation helps to awaken my body. If you want to boost the invigoration even more, combine this lemon sugar scrub cube recipe with these grapefruit shower melts for an extra uplifting shower experience.
This recipe makes about a dozen sugar scrub cubes if you use a similar silicone mold as I did. If you choose a different mold, the total quantity may vary.
Lemon Sugar Scrub Cube Recipe
- Your favorite silicone mold (I used a 12 count, one inch cube mold similar to this)
- 1/2 cup shredded shea butter melt and pour soap base
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 10-12 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon zest
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- Yellow soap colorant that’s safe for skin (optional)
- Chop or shred the shea butter soap base into small pieces and transfer to a double boiler pan.
- Add the coconut oil to the pan with shea butter soap base, and stir frequently until melted.
- Remove the pan from heat and pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl, then add the lemon essential oil and mix well.
- If you’d like, go ahead and whisk in the yellow soap colorant until you reach your ideal color. Remember that adding the sugar will lighten the color too.
- Pour the granulated sugar into the mixture and stir quickly as the liquid will begin to harden as soon as you add the sugar.
- Transfer the sugar scrub cube mixture to the silicone mold, pressing down firmly and filling each cavity all the way to the top.
- Freeze the sugar scrub cubes in the silicone mold for 1 hour to allow the cubes to completely harden.
- Once they’re hardened, remove the lemon sugar cubes from the silicone molds and store in an airtight glass container.