Since going gluten free, one of the meals I really miss is pizza. I have yet to perfect a homemade gluten free pizza crust, so I decided to give making a pizza casserole a try. I love how easy casseroles are to throw together, and how they usually only take one dish.
The whole family loves pizza and rice, so I decided to use rice as the base. It was really tasty and easy to make! Plus you can pick and choose your favorite toppings to include
If you’re looking for an alternative to pizza, give this loaded gluten free pizza casserole recipe a try.
Loaded Gluten Free Pizza Casserole Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare your Mahatma Jasmine Rice per the package instructions, then transfer to a 9 x 12 casserole dish.
- While the rice is cooking, cook the Italian sausage.
- Layer your homemade pizza sauce over the rice. You can mix them together if you like, but i prefer to layer them.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the pizza sauce evenly.
- Add your sausage, pepperoni, peppers, onions or other pizza toppings over the cheese.
- Bake the casserole for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is starting to brown and the toppings are cooked.