Elderberries have some of the best benefits for the immune system. Learn how to make this easy DIY elderberry gummies recipe for kids.
When my kids were younger, it was hard to get them to take their elderberry syrup when their immune systems needed extra support. So, I started experimenting with ways to get them to take it happily.
That’s how this homemade Elderberry Gummies recipe came from. I found that they were more than eager to eat their immune boosting gummies.
I used black cherry juice because it’s nutritious, but you can use your favorite fruit juice. And the extra honey is great for soothing sore throats too.
Next time your kids need extra immune support, make them a batch of these Elderberry Gummies. It’s the easiest ways to get kids to take elderberry syrup.
Homemade Elderberry Gummies Recipe
- Cookie sheet
- Get your silicone molds ready before starting anything. I like to place mine on a cookie sheet so they can easily be put in the refrigerator.
- Put 1-2 drops of Vitamin D drops in the bottom of each silicone mold.
- Put 3/4 cup of the black cherry juice into a small sauce pan and heat just until it comes to a boil.
- While the juice is heating, combine the elderberry syrup and remaining 1/4 cup of black cherry juice with the gelatin in a mixing bowl. It's important to hydrate the gelatin this way first before adding the hot liquid so that it can properly bloom. But don't wait too long to add the hot juice or it will start to set.
- Quickly add the heated juice to the mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Add the raw honey here if you're using it.
- Immediately pour the liquid into the silicone molds before it has time to set.
- I like to let mine set on the counter for 10 minutes, and then move to the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Pop the gummies out of the silicone mold and store in a glass bowl or jar in the fridge.