Last Updated on
I am always experimenting with healthier snacks I can make for the girls. We all love chips, it’s definitely a weakness, so I have been experimenting with healthy finger snacks.
Kale chips are a definite favorite for all of us, but I can only eat them so often and they take a few hours to make in the dehydrator.
So we started experimenting with roasting chickpeas. I have tried a few different seasonings, but this Mexican Lime Infused version is our favorite so far. Curry was a close second.
You can use pretty much any seasoning the same way, depending upon your family’s tastes.
Mexican Lime Infused Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
- 2 cans garbanzo beans
- 2 teaspoons lime infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Mexican seasoning (get my recipe here)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Rinse both cans of garbanzo beans thoroughly, until they’re no longer foamy, then strain.
- Add the garbanzo beans to a medium mixing bowl, drizzle the olive oil over then stir.
- Sprinkle the Mexican seasoning over the garbanzo beans and stir until they’re evenly coated.
- Pour the chickpeas into a 9×13 cake pan and distribute them into an even layer.
- Put them in your oven for 15 minutes, stir, then put them back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- If you want them crispier, you can leave them in for a bit longer.
- We eat them with our fingers as a snack, but they would also make a great side dish for any meal.