Pre-packaged protein bars are great, but I really prefer homemade energy bars because I can control the ingredients.
I love this homemade energy bars recipe because you can really customize them to your tastes. Swap the pecans for walnuts. Or swap the cranberries for dried blueberries.
You can easily customize these no bake homemade energy bars no matter what your taste preferences are. And they can be packed to eat on the go too.
No Bake Homemade Energy Bars Recipe
- Puree pitted dates in a food processor until they are smooth.
- Add the flax seeds, nutmeg, vanilla and coconut oil, then process again.
- Add the chopped pecans and cranberries, and process to combine all ingredients.
- Line a baking dish with wax or parchment paper.
- Transfer the combined bar ingredients into a bowl and work it into a ball with your hands.
- Put the ball into a rectangular or square baking dish. Using your hands, smash down the dough into the baking dish.
- Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Remove from the refrigerator and cut into bars.