Are you looking for a unique fruit smoothie to try out with your family? This Papaya Mint Smoothie recipe is super refreshing and crazy delicious.
They say that smells can lock in memories. Mint is one of the herbs that bring back very distinct memories for me. My grandmother always had mint growing in her yard when I was a child.
So if I sit quietly and think of the smell of mint, it brings me back to my childhood. Visions of sitting in the front yard just smelling the yummy mint fill my head when I think about it. It really is amazing how powerful the sense of smell is!
I love adding mint to different fruits for an extra refreshing boost. Today, I’m sharing my recipe for a refreshing papaya mint smoothie. One thing to remember is that papayas are often grown from genetically modified seeds, so buy organic whenever possible to avoid GMOs in your smoothie.
This recipe makes 2 small servings or 1 large serving of Papaya Mint Smoothie. Give it a try and let us know what you think in the comments below!
Refreshing Papaya Mint Smoothie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen or fresh papaya chunks (organic is best to avoid GMOs)
- 1 cup of almond milk (I love using vanilla almond milk)
- 1/2 cup of ice cubes
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of raw honey, or to taste (local honey is best)
- Lime slices and extra mint, for garnish (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender.
- Blend until it’s all nice and smooth.
- If you prefer a thicker smoothie, all you have to do is add more papaya (frozen is best for thicker). If you prefer a thinner smoothie, simply add more almond milk or water.
- Serve immediately in a glass with a paper or glass straw and a sprig of fresh mint and/or a slice of lime as garnish.
Pin This Post to Your Smoothie Board