Are you looking for an easy, crowd-pleasing pumpkin recipe? These gluten free Pumpkin Pie Crumble Bars are amazing served hot or cold.
The other day I realized I had a bunch of pumpkin puree that needed to be used ASAP. So the girls and I started to experiment with some new pumpkin recipes. Some turned out great and some wound up in the trash. The life of a baker 😉
The recipe that was the biggest hit, by far, was these Pumpkin Pie Crumble Bars. Oh my! They are delicious both when served warm and served cold. And a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top makes them even better!
If you’re looking for an amazing pumpkin recipe that can be served at a holiday party or sold at a bake sale, then this Pumpkin Pie Crumble Bars recipe is just what you’ve been searching for!]
Pumpkin Pie Crumble Bars
Crust & Topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add flour, oats, white sugar, brown sugar, salt and baking soda to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add melted coconut oil and vanilla extract to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Once the mixture is well combined, divide in half.
- Press one half into the bottom of an 8x8 square baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While that's baking, add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, half and half and gelatin to a clean mixing bowl. Whisk quickly to combine.
- Then add in the whole egg, egg yolk and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- Once the bottom layer is done baking, add the pumpkin filling to the pan and return to the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top of the pumpkin filling. You'll want to crumble it in your hands and sprinkle it gently - don't pack it in.
- Return the pan to the oven for another 30-35 minutes, or until the pumpkin layer is set and the top layer is golden brown.
- If you're serving warm, you can serve right away as a crumble in a bowl topped with vanilla bean ice cream.
- If you want to serve cold, allow the Pumpkin Pie Crumble Bars to cool for an hour before transferring to the fridge. You'll want to let it cool for about 3 hours or overnight. Then remove from the fridge and cut into bars or squares.
- They're great served with ice cream cold too!