Pumpkin desserts are one of the many reasons I love fall. If you’re looking for a dessert recipe in the guise of an appetizer, try this Pumpkin Pie Dip with Baked Cinnamon Chips!
Pumpkin, pumpkin everywhere. It surrounds me and I’m okay with it!
I love this time of year because the weather cools down and I don’t feel bad about turning the oven up! Baking in the kitchen with my girls is one of my favorite parts of fall.
Both of them have been helping us in the kitchen since they were very small. We started them off with easy tasks and now they’re both quite skilled.
This particular recipe would be a great one to make with a little one. It’s all mixing and stirring, and little hands love that!
I’ve found that most dessert type dips use Cool Whip, which is something we don’t consume. It’s pure hydrogenated oil junk, and it’s something we’ve avoided forever.
I used to look longingly at recipes I thought I’d never be able to make. Then one day I was at the grocery store and saw Truwhip, which is a natural Cool Whip alternative. How cool is that?
With that little discovery, my holiday recipe world opened up just a bit. It’s by no means a health food product, but it’s better than the hydrogenated oil that Cool Whip is made with!
I usually only see it around fall time where we live, but I imagine in more populated areas it’s easier to find. That’s okay since this time of year is also the only time of year you find pumpkin everywhere!
If you’re looking for a dessert to take to a holiday party or Thanksgiving get together, give this Pumpkin Pie Dip with Baked Cinnamon Chips. It’s sweet and yummy and perfect for a holiday buffet table.
Pumpkin Pie Dip with Baked Cinnamon Chips Recipe
Pumpkin Pie Dip with Baked Cinnamon Chips
Pumpkin Pie Dip
Pumpkin Pie Dip
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the Greek yogurt with the brown sugar and pumpkin until well combined.
- Add all of the spices and whisk until well combined.
- Fold in the Truwhip then refrigerate your Pumpkin Pie Dip for at least one hour to allow all of the flavors to meld.
- Serve cold.
Baked Cinnamon Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Brush melted butter over each tortilla then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Stack until all of your tortillas have been buttered and spiced, then cut them into wedges.
- Bake your gluten free tortilla wedges in a single layer on a cookie sheet for about 12-14 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.