We’ve been making a lot of smoothies and protein shakes since the weather has warmed up. Since peaches and raspberries are my favorite fruits, I thought it would be fun to make a smoothie featuring these two fabulous fruits.
As a kid, before I was conscious of nutrition, I would drink a lot of Slurpees during the summer months to cool off. I thought it would be fun to mimic the layered Slurpees we’d drink with a healthy Raspberry & Peach Smoothie version. It was a fun experiment, and one we’ll definitely be repeating! You can do this with any of your favorite fruits, which makes it great.
You can use fresh or frozen fruit in making this Raspberry & Peach Smoothie. I like to start out with fresh fruit, but before it starts to go bad, I like to freeze the washed fruit so I always have some on hand.
Farmstand Raspberry & Peach Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup diced fresh peaches .... leave the peel on some of the fruit
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 cups ice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- You'll make the smoothie in a two step process.
- Put raspberries in a blender, add 1 cup ice and 1/4 cup orange juice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the raspberry puree in the bottom of a tall glass.
- Put peaches in a blender, add 1 cup of ice and 1/4 cup of orange juice. Blend until smooth.
- Top the raspberry puree with the peach puree.
- Add a fresh raspberry on top of the glass as a garnish.