Are you looking for unique, eco-friendly DIY napkin ring ideas for Thanksgiving? Learn how to make make vintage paper napkin rings with repurposed pages from any old book!
The weather is cooling down and fall will be arriving any moment now. That means Thanksgiving and other festivities are right around the corner.
Are you planning a big celebration with lots of friends and family? Or are you having a small, low-key meal? We’re typically more on the low-key side of gatherings these days and often just cook up a roasted turkey breast.
If you’re a big planner, then you probably already have your entire event laid out. If you’re like me, on the other hand, then some minor details don’t get handled until the last minute.
One of those things just might be napkin rings. If you’re setting a formal Thanksgiving table, then napkin rings are a must.
Rather than rushing out and buying something you’ll only use once a year, why not make some out of upcycled materials? You can make your own unique, eco-friendly book page napkin rings out of the pages of any book.
For an even more festive feel, choose a book with phrases or words that match the tone of the occasion for each book page napkin ring. Words of gratitude for Thanksgiving, stories from your child’s favorite character books for birthday parties – the sky is the limit.
Easy Recycled Book Page Napkin Rings
- Old book check thrift stores or library sales
- Faux leaves optional
- Begin by tearing out 3-4 pages from your book. You want the napkin ring to be sturdy so you may need to tear out more depending on how thin the pages are.
- Start folding the page to create an inch wide strip. As you fold, press the edges down tightly so the strip lays nice and flat.
- Roll the strip into a loop (you can use a sample napkin to see how large you need or want the strip to be). Fold the end of the strip into an arrow. Add a dab of hot glue and press into place. You will need to hold this end down until dry.
- Once dry, run your napkin through the book page napkin ring. Use an optional faux leaf tucked under the ring for additional embellishment.