This post is sponsored by O Organics and all opinions are my own.
I love salads. You can toss pretty much any raw veggie in a salad, toss it with a tasty dressing and you’re set. I love the O Organics Salads from Vons because there are so many varieties to choose from. I have also found that they stay fresh for quite a while. Did you know that the O Organics salads are private labeled from Earthbound Farms? I only recently learned that and thought it was an interesting tidbit.
Brian and Zoë love the baby spinach. I love the Baby Lettuce and the Fresh Herb salads. And Kaylee will literally eat any greens you put in front of her. That girl is a veggie monster.
I like to make my own salad dressing because there are so many additives in most store bought salad dressings. I make a lot of different dressings like Ranch, Tangy Tahini, Honey & Apple Cider and this Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing.
I love eating salads for lunch and even for dinner sometimes. Fortunately, my whole family loves salads as much as I do. If you enjoy this recipe, be sure to leave a rating aft you try it.
Powerhouse Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- 5 ounces O Organics Baby Greens or your favorite blend
- 2 small zucchini chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1-2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese chopped
- Chopped chicken or other meat; optional
- Chop all of your ingredients and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- If eating right away, toss with dressing, then serve.
- If you're not eating your salad right away, keep the dressing separate from the salad and add when ready to eat.
Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- Combine all of your ingredients in a pint-sized mason jar or similar sized jar.
- Close the lid and shake vigorously until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Serve with your favorite salad.