Looking for a new family-friendly gluten free side dish recipe? Our delicious Crispy Rosemary Garlic Parmesan Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe is easy to make in the oven.
I tend to get kind of boring with the side dishes sometimes. I usually realize I’m in a rut when we have rice as a side every night for a couple of weeks.
Then I mix it up. One of our favorite side dishes, which is one I don’t cook nearly enough, are Roasted Red Potatoes. I have cooked potatoes this way for years, but only recently added Parmesan cheese.
The addition of Parmesan cheese to my roasted red potatoes makes them even more delicious. The cheese adds just the perfect balance of flavor with the herbs.
We usually finish the entire pan because they’re just that good. If you don’t have all of the fresh spices on hand, you can use dried – just cut the quantity in half. I often use my Italian Seasoning Spice Mix when I’m out of fresh herbs and in a hurry.
Roasted Garlic Rosemary Potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over a baking sheet and spread to coat, then set the pan aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the halved potatoes with the remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the parmesan, garlic, parsley, rosemary and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then toss to evenly distribute.
- Place the coated potatoes on the baking sheet (cut side down), and pour any remaining cheese, herbs, or olive oil over the tops of the potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and shake the pan back and forth to move the potatoes around. Use a spatula to loosen any stuck potatoes and return the pan to the oven to bake for about 20 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.