Do you love salted caramel and caramel apples? Learn how to make your own Salted Caramel Apple Bars! They’re an easy dessert recipe for Thanksgiving or for a kids fall party.
Did I mention that I loved salted caramel? Oh yes, I did when I shared my recipe for homemade salted caramel sauce (without all the added junk!).
Today, I’m sharing a super yummy recipe that will give you a good excuse to indulge in that homemade salted caramel sauce – Salted Caramel Apple Bars.
What goes better with apples than salted caramel? Not much I tell you! The flavors in these bars are absolutely divine. And they’re so much less messy than eating a caramel apple!
If you whip up a batch of these Salted Caramel Apple Bars for a holiday party, you’ll have everyone begging for the recipe!
Salted Caramel Apple Bars
Crumble Topping Ingredients
Bottom Layer Ingredients
- Pastry blender
- Spatula or mixing spoon
Crumble Topping Directions
- Add the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon to a small mixing bowl.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in the chilled butter until the topping resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
Bottom Layer Directions
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Grease an 8" x 8" pan and set aside.
- Add the flour, sugar, and salt to a medium sized mixing bowl, then whisk to combine.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of your greased baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- Increase your oven temperature to 350° F.
Apple Filling Directions
- Core, peel and slice apples into thin pieces. Add to a large mixing bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Add the flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss to coat evenly and place on top of the cooled bottom layer.
- Place the coated apples on top of the cooled bottom layer.
- Sprinkle with the crumble topping and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the apples are tender and the topping turns golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Then, place the pan in the refrigerator and chill for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Once it's cold, cut into bars and drizzle salted caramel sauce over each bar.
- Enjoy your Salted Caramel Apple Bars!