Learn how to make the best Sausage Breakfast Casserole using simple ingredients like eggs, cheese and kale in this easy breakfast recipe.
I love easy to make breakfasts. Putting together a breakfast casserole is great because you can put everything together the night before and just bake it in the morning.
I love using sausage in my breakfast casserole recipes because you don’t usually need to add additional spices. Most ground sausage has seasoning already added, so it’s extra convenient.
My family has a bit of love for cheese, so it gets added to a lot of our recipes. Cheese just goes so well in casseroles! While I typically go for grated block cheese, I love the convenience of sliced cheese for quick casseroles like this breakfast casserole.
The kale went perfectly with the sausage, and no one even complained about it. I prefer kale over spinach in casseroles because it has a more hearty and durable texture that holds up better in baking.
If you’re been searching for a breakfast casserole recipe the whole family will love, give this sausage, kale and cheese casserole recipe a try.
Sausage Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 4 cups kale chopped
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 slices colby jack cheese or your favorite cheese
- Avocado oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage until it's browned. Ad the onion and continue cooking until the onions are translucent. Add the kale and cook until it has been greatly reduced. Transfer the mixture to a baking pan that has been sprayed with avocado oil spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and heavy whipping cream together, then pour the egg mixture over the sausage, onion and kale mixture.
- Layer the top of the casserole with the cheese slices. Or alternatively sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and starting to brown.
- Cut into slices and serve.