This Roasted Asian Shrimp & Veggies sheet pan meal can be served with rice or on its own. And one pan means clean up is a breeze!
I love sheet pan meals for many reasons, but I’d be lying if I said easy cleanup wasn’t one of my favorite things about them! Anything that can be made in one pot or pan is right up my alley.
And since my family is a huge fan of Asian flavors, we decided to make Roasted Asian Shrimp & Veggies as a sheet pan meal. It’s really delicious and easy to make.
All you have to do is prep the ingredients, toss them on a sheet pan and wait for dinner to be ready. This easy dinner recipe is even easy enough for the kids to help make.
It can be served totally on its own, or if you have an active family like mine that needs the extra calories, you can serve it with rice or noodles on the side.
Roasted Asian Shrimp & Vegetables
- ¼ cup gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey preferably local
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed pepper flakes
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 12 ounces frozen broccoli florets
- 1 pound mini sweet peppers seeded and sliced
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined, tail on
- 1 large lime cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 6 large green onions sliced
- Place top oven rack in center position and pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Whisk together the tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, garlic powder, ginger and crushed red pepper flakes in a medium mixing bowl. Season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the broccoli, peppers and onion then pour two-thirds of the sauce over the top. Toss until the vegetables are evenly coated. Then spread the coated veggies onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd the vegetables.
- Transfer your baking sheet to the pre-heated oven then allow the veggies to roast for 20 minutes, or until they are crisp tender and starting to develop some color. Remove the pan from the oven and set it aside.
- While the vegetables are roasting, toss the shrimp with the remaining sauce in the same mixing bowl. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and set aside.
- When the baking sheet with the veggies has cooled slightly, pour the shrimp onto the sheet and carefully spread into a single layer among the vegetables, being sure not to overcrowd so it cooks evenly.
- Return the baking sheet to your oven and allow the shrimp and veggies to roast for 5-6 more minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through and opaque. Do not overcook the shrimp or they’ll be rubbery.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow it to cool slightly. Top the Asian Shrimp & Veggies with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, some toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions before serving. Enjoy!