This Chicken Sausage, Kale and White Bean Soup is an easy recipe made in the slow cooker. It’s great for lunch or dinner, and the leftovers taste amazing!
I love making slow cooker stew and soups and stews like this Sausage, Kale and White Bean Soup. It’s so warm and nourishing, and I love how you can make big batches that will last for a few dinners.
While soup and stew recipes made on the stove are awesome, I prefer hands-off recipes made in a slow cooker. The slow cooker is a busy family’s best friend. All you have to do is toss all of the ingredients in, push a button and 6-8 hours later you have an amazingly healthy home-cooked meal waiting for you.
You can even do all of the prep the night before, put the crock in the fridge and pop it in and turn the slow cooker on in the morning. When I know I’m going to have a busy morning, I always do the prep the night before then just take it out of the fridge and turn it on in the morning. So easy!
This has been one of our favorite crockpot soup recipes since my girls were little. You can use any sausage you like in this recipe, but we typically use chicken sausage because it’s not greasy and it makes for a great tasting soup or stew.
If you’re short on time, you can cook it on high instead of low for 3-4 hours. I hope your family enjoys this Sausage, Kale and White Bean Slow Cooker Stew Recipe.
Sausage, Kale and White Bean Slow Cooker Soup Recipe
- 20 ounces Hot Italian Chicken Sausage or your favorite chicken sausage
- 2 cans white cannellini beans
- 1 bunch kale chopped
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 cups carrots diced
- 4 cloves roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ½ quarts homemade chicken broth
- Thinly slice the sausage and place in the crock pot. If you have time, you can sear them first for extra flavor, but it’s not necessary.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans, then transfer to the crock pot.
- Remove the ribs from the kale and chop it into bite sized pieces – my girls prefer it chopped small. Place in crock pot.
- Dice and chop the onion, carrot and garlic, then put in the crock pot.
- Add the chicken broth and spices to the crockpot and stir.
- Turn the crockpot on low and allow your Sausage, Kale and White Bean Slow Cooker Stew to cook for about 8 hours.