Cauliflower rice is a great substitute for rice when you’re avoiding grains. I have discovered some tricks along to way to reduce the cravings everyone seems to have for grains during these times – one of those ways is to make Cauliflower Rice.
It seems I can get my family to eat just about anything if it’s made Mexican style, which is why I made this Spanish Style Cauliflower Rice Recipe. It’s easy to make and delicious – and it’s low carb and low calorie too.
Spanish Style Cauliflower Rice
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it has a rice-like consistency.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onions and garlic in 1-2 teaspoons olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cook until it's slightly browned.
- Stir in the tomatoes, lime juice and spices. Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off heat, then fold in cilantro.