Kids (and grown up kids) love drinking ice cold Strawberry Lemonade on hot summer days. We like ours with chunks for extra strawberry flavor.
In this easy drink recipe, you’ll learn how to make the best homemade strawberry lemonade you’ve ever tasted using only 4 ingredients. It’s seriously delicious and refreshing.
Best of all, it’s super easy to make and will quickly become a family favorite beverage. The only problem is you’ll wish you had more than one pitcher!
Best Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- Start by adding about one cup of strawberries to your blender and puree for a few seconds and set aside.
- Add the sugar and 2 cups of water to a saucepan and heat over medium, stirring frequently, until sugar is completely dissolved. Turn off burner.
- Cut and squeeze your lemons then add lemon juice to pitcher along with 2 cups of water.
- Add the sugar water to the pitcher and stir until well combined. I like to refrigerate my strawberry lemonade for a couple of hours before proceeding. It keeps it ice cold at the end. Once the lemonade is chilled, add the strawberry puree and mix until combined.
- Add the lemon slices and cut up strawberries and stir to combine.
- Then add in 2-3 cups of ice and stir some more.
- After it's mixed well and tastes to your liking, serve over ice in pint sized jars.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Tips & Substitution Ideas for the Best Strawberry Lemonade
How do I make this into a frozen drink?
To make frozen strawberry lemonade, blend the ice into the the chilled beverage instead of adding it to the pitcher before serving. You may need more ice than the recipe calls for to get the right texture.
What if I prefer smooth lemonade?
For smoother lemonade, strain the fresh squeezed lemon juice through a fine mesh strainer to remove the pulp. You’ll also want to blend the berries into a very smooth puree, then strain before adding to the lemonade.
Can I use alternative sweeteners?
Lemonade is one area where I go straight to granulated sugar. However, you can definitely use other sweeteners like honey, maple syrup or liquid stevia.
What other fruits can I add?
Try mixing this easy lemonade recipe up with other fruits. Try nectarine, cherry blueberry or raspberry lemonade. For a slightly sweeter flavor, add the juice of one fresh squeezed orange in place of one of the lemons.