Learn how to make the best taco stuffed sweet potatoes in this easy sheet pan dinner recipe.
Mexican food almost always comes with grains, whether that is rice, corn or flour. If you’re trying to avoid grains, you might be scratching your head on how to enjoy Mexican food.
I have great news for you. You can enjoy all of the flavors of Mexican food without the grains in this Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes recipe! Best of all – you can make this meal in about 35 minutes.
They are so delicious you won’t even miss the dairy. Of course if you’re not on a dairy free diet, feel free to drizzle sour cream and sprinkle shredded cheese on top!
Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Yields: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise
- 1 pound ground beef (grass-fed if possible)
- 1 organic red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- Additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired
- Fresh organic lettuce, shredded
- Avocado, chopped
- Organic tomatoes, chopped
- Salsa (try my fermented red salsa or green salsa)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place the sweet potatoes (cut lengthwise) face down on a baking sheet. Brush the backs with olive oil and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, place ground beef in a large skillet and cook on medium high heat, until browned. Add in spices and diced red pepper. Cook until bell pepper softens (3-4 minutes). Add a few tablespoons of water if needed to keep the meat from drying out.
- To serve, use a fork to flatten the inside of the roasted potato slightly. Add desired amount of ground beef mixture and top with fresh lettuce, chopped tomatoes, avocado, salsa and cilantro.