Welcome to the Little Tikes Cook Around Kitchen & Cart Giveaway, hosted by Being MVP.
- Retail $169.99
- Pull out island/kitchen cart with wheel
- Cart has storage areas, dual sided work area that has a grill/cooktop area and prep area
- Smart phone docking station
- Oven, stove, sink, microwave and refrigerator
- Plenty of storage space
- Real working fridge, oven and microwave doors
- Fridge door has a water dispenser
- Burner on kitchen top makes cooking sounds
- 30+ accessories included
- Requires 2 AA alkaline batteries (not included)
- Assembly Required!
Giveaway runs from August 29 to September 19, 2014. Open to US residents.
[click to continue…]
A couple years back I was introduced to Hatch Chiles for the first time at our local Chili Cookoff. There was one booth that was serving green chili made with Hatch Green Chiles. It was my favorite chili that was served that year.
I have wanted to try Hatch Chiles in my own recipes ever since then, but never found them locally. And the tiny cans of them are so expensive that I didn’t want to go that route. This year, our local grocery store had them.
Hatch Chiles are very seasonal. They’re from a town called Hatch New Mexico, and you can only get them from late August through October. So now is the time to source them!
You can use Hatch Chiles in a variety of recipes calling for green chiles. They range is spice from mild to very hot, so be sure to get the variety that will go well with your recipe.
It’s best to roast your Hatch Chiles before using them. It really brings out their flavor and adds to your recipe. Roasting chiles is quite easy, and this method can be applied to any number of other chiles and even bell peppers.
How to Roast Hatch Green Chiles
- Preheat your broiler. [click to continue…]