Dry skin plagues many people, especially during dry winter months. This DIY brightening hand scrub exfoliates and nourishes skin so it can retain moisture. I don’t know about you, but this time of year my skin is so incredibly dry! We live in the mountains, so the humidity levels really drop in the winter and […]
DIY Hands, Feet & Hair Tutorials
Here you'll find my DIY tutorials for hand, feet and hair recipes. Hand soap, to foot scrubs, shampoo and so much more. I hope you like all the recipes I created here:
- Balms & Salves– There are tons of DIY balms and salves for pretty much every occasion. From tension headache balms to sunburn salves, you’ll find an amazing amount of information here.
- Bath – This area has DIY beauty recipes for you to make bath bombs, bath salts, bath soaks, bath fizzies, bath melts and more.
- Beauty Hacks – Every beauty tip I’ve learned over the years all in one place.
- Body Butter – This is where you’ll find lotions, creams and all sorts of DIY beauty products you can make to keep your body smooth and silky.
- Body Scrubs – Here’s where you’ll find easy to make DIY recipes for wonderful smelling… very effective salt scrubs and sugar scrubs.
- Body Soap – My favorite DIY soaps… from soap bars, to loofah soaps, to jellies, melt & pour and body wash. This is your “how to make soap” area.
- Face – From makeup and cosmetics, to face wash, to face toners, to face creams and face mask. Every DIY beauty product here is designed to help keep your face clean, toned and youthful.
- Hands, Feet & Hair – Hand soaps, foot soaks, detanglers, shampoo and an array of DIY recipes designed to help keep your hands, feet and hair looking their best.
The majority of the beauty product recipes on Happy Mothering are easy to make and have simple ingredients.
The 5 most popular DIY beauty product recipes on Happy Mothering are:
- How to Make Pop Rocks Fizzing Bath Salts
- DIY Lavender Sugar Scrub Cubes
- DIY Frankincense Whipped Face Cream
- DIY Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars
- DIY Homemade Liquid Hand Soap with Essential Oils
Learn how to make this natural DIY Cuticle Cream. It will leave your nails feeling divine while the orange and lavender essential oils provide a relaxing aromatherapy experience. When I was younger, I was oddly obsessed with having my fingernails perfectly manicured. I filed them neatly most days, and they always looked nice. Fast forward […]
Is finding natural hair care products that work a challenge? Learn how to make DIY natural shampoo bars for healthy hair, and you’ll be hooked on homemade. Finding a natural shampoo that works can be a challenge. I have tried so many natural shampoos and I’ve even tried the no poo trend. I was introduced […]
Do you have hair that tangles easily? Try this easy DIY natural hair detangler spray recipe – it’s great for kids of all ages! My younger daughter Kaylee has super fine, very wavy that tangles so easily! Couple that with a super sensitive head and hair brushing time is absolutely no fun in our house. […]
Learn how to make an apple cider vinegar hair rinse with essential oils that are great for buildup and encouraging growth. Finding all natural haircare products that work for different hair types can be tricky. I have tried more brands of shampoo than I can count! While I’ve discovered some favorites along the way, I’ve […]
Are you looking for a homemade foot soak for dead skin or cracked heels? Our DIY Relaxing Tea Foot Soak recipe uses epsom salt, essential oils and tea leaves to soothe and soften sore feet. Soaking your feet in warm water feels so soothing, especially when you add a few extra ingredients. Epsom salt is […]
Is your hair in need of a little extra TLC? Then check out our recommendations on choosing the best essential oil blends for gorgeous hair. Having gorgeous hair doesn’t have to cost a fortune. In addition to general tips for caring for hair, essential oil blends have been known to improve the appearance of hair. […]
Ready to learn how to get rid of dead skin and cracked heels? Our easy DIY Heel Balm is a natural remedy that moisturizes and helps to soothe dry, cracked feet. Are you dealing with dry cracked heels? It’s super common for people to get dry cracked heels this time of year, and getting them […]
Are your feet in serious need of a DIY pedicure? Learn how to make the best Honey Lemon Homemade Foot Scrub recipe with essential oils to exfoliate feet. This time of year, my feet are always screaming for some serious love. The dry weather always does a number on my skin. While I love pre-made […]
Learn how to make this easy homemade foaming hand soap with natural ingredients like castile soap and essential oils. There are some things that are so easy to make yourself once you get it down. One of those things is liquid hand soap. The recipe I’m sharing with you works really well and it’s easy […]
Is your hair in need of a wash, but you’re short on time? Learn how to make and use the best DIY Dry Shampoo recipe for a quick and easy freshening. Unfortunately, our hair tends to build up oils. This makes our hair look greasy and just plain unattractive! No one wants oily hair, right? […]