Learn how to make these cute DIY Heart Envelope Valentine’s Day cards for kids. This easy paper craft is fun and affordable to make for friends at school.
If you’re anything like us, you are waiting until the last minute to make your child’s school Valentines. I gave Zoë the choice of whether she wanted to buy Valentines for her exchange at school or make them.
She chose to make them, so we had to find something age appropriate for her to work on. We decided upon DIY Heart Envelope Valentines because she loves cutting, writing and drawing. Because we needed to make Valentines for her entire school (she goes to a very small school), I did help her with some of the cutting and folding to save time.
If you’re waiting until the last minute, but still want to make handmade Valentines this year, give this one a try. You can usually get colored construction paper and stickers at the Dollar Store, making this an affordable craft!
How to Make a Foldable Heart Valentine’s Day Card
- Construction paper
- Heart stickers
- Valentine's Day stickers
- Fold a piece of construction paper in half.
- Cut a heart out of the construction paper.
- Write your Valentine's day message on the heart. You can also add some drawings or stickers to make the Valentine extra special.
- Fold each side of the heart in to the center of the heart.
- With the sides folded in, fold the heart in half from the top, with the point sticking out.
- Fold the point down and seal with a cute heart sticker. You can also write the name of the Valentine recipient on the outside of the envelope and decorate with more stickers or glitter.