Learn how to make an apple cider vinegar hair rinse with essential oils that are great for beautiful hair.
Finding all natural haircare products that work for different hair types can be tricky. I have tried more brands of shampoo than I can count!
While I’ve discovered some favorites along the way, I’ve had my fair share of fails too. Either my hair is left super duper dry and feels like straw or I can’t seem to get it all out of my hair and it leaves a terrible film.
Have you ever had that happen? Whenever it happens to me, I have to reset my hair and scalp. I go back to a brand I know I like, but first I do a good apple cider vinegar homemade hair rinse to get the buildup out. Many people can use this homemade hair rinse in place of conditioner!
It’s super easy to make this homemade hair rinse with ingredients you probably have on hand if you’re into making your own beauty products. I like using apple cider vinegar because it helps to not only remove buildup, but also to detangle and reduce frizz.
Since apple cider vinegar has such a strong smell, I like to add a few essential oils to balance the smell and provide benefits to the hair as well. If you don’t have all of the essential oils, it’s okay to omit one or two.
How to Make an Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse
- 1 ½ cup hot filtered water
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 drops rosemary essential oil
- 4 drops lavender essential oil
- 4 drops tea tree essential oil
- 3 drops lemongrass essential oil
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowl
- Glass storage jar
- Combine 1 ½ cups of filtered hot water and 3 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar to a small mixing bowl or measuring cup.
- Add the essential oil drops to the water and vinegar mixture. Whisk all of the ingredients together until the essential oils fully disperse.
- Transfer to an airtight glass jar and store at room temperature until ready to use.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse
- Shake the mixture in the jar, then pour it over your hair immediately after your finished rinsing out your shampoo.