This is a quick and easy Instant Pot Mongolian Beef & Broccoli recipe. Everyone in the family loves the flavor of this awesome dinner, and it’s part of our regular dinner rotation. I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as ours.
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef & Broccoli Recipe
- 2 pounds flank steak sliced thinly against the grain
- 1.5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons minced ginger
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2/3 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons filtered water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound broccoli chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Green onions chopped or cut however you desire
- 5 cups white rice cooked
- Turn your Instant Pot onto the "Sauté" setting. Add the Sesame Oil to the Instant Pot and let the oil heat up. * See Tip Below
- Add enough of the steak to cover the bottom of the Instant Pot, brown the meat, then remove the meat and set aside. Repeat until all meat has been browned. *See Tip Below
- Add the minced garlic and ginger to your Instant Pot and sauté it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, water and brown sugar to the ginger and garlic and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the browned beef back to the Instant Pot, seal the lid. Use the "Meat" setting to cook the meat mixture for 8 minutes.
- When it's finished, use the Quick Pressure Release method. Remove the lid once the pressure is completely released. Add the chopped broccoli to the meat mixture and use the "Meat" setting to cook everything for 1 minute.
- When it's finished, use the Quick Pressure Release method. Remove the lid once the pressure is completely released.
- Turn Instant Pot to "Saute" setting. Whisk together the cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water until it's smooth, then add that to the Instant Pot. Stir it constantly until the Mongolian Beef sauce starts to thicken. (This should only take a couple of minutes.)
- Turn the Instant Pot "Off." Add the green onions to the Instant Pot and stir for another 2-4 minutes while stirring it constantly until your onions are to your desired tenderness. (This will also help thicken the sauce up.)
- Serve your Mongolian Beef and Broccoli over cooked white rice. Drizzle with Sriracha, if desired.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
A couple of tips to help make your life easier.
How to tell if the sesame oil is hot?
One of the safest ways is to take a wooden spoon and touch it to the oil, if small bubbles start to form around the spoon, you’re ready to start browning the meat. If big bubbles form, it’s too hot.
Cook the beef in batches.
Brown the beef in smaller batches until all of the meat is browned. If you try to brown all of the beef at once, it won’t typically brown evenly. For the 2 pounds of meat above, it takes about 3 small batches to cook all of it.
Our favorite meat to buy online.
We buy our meat from ButcherBox. It’s grass-fed, grass-finished, free pasture grazing, no antibiotics, no hormones and humanely raised. Say that 10x fast. At the end of the day, the meat is absolutely fantastic. It’s super flavorful and amazingly tender.
Helpful Instant Pot Recipes
If you’re looking for more Instant Pot recipes, check out the entire Instant Pot Recipes area of Happy Mothering.
green onions for great taste and aesthetic. #instantpot #beefrecipes #mongolianbeef #chinese” />