Are you looking for a delicious Instant Pot recipe for dinner? This Instant Pot Mongolian Beef & Broccoli recipe is easy and amazingly flavorful!
I love Chinese Food. One of my favorite things to order when we go out for Chinese food is Mongolian Beef. The beef is always so tender and the sauce is always super flavorful.
However, we rarely go out to eat anymore since we live so far outside of town. We’ve slowly been teaching ourselves to make Chinese food, so I decided to give Mongolian Beef in the Instant Pot a try.
While it looks like there are a lot of ingredients in the recipe, it’s a very simple recipe to make. The Instant Pot is seriously a life saver. Meals like Mongolian Beef come together quickly, and the meat is always tender – especially when you choose grassfed beef like we get from ButcherBox.
Everyone in the family loved the flavor of this awesome dinner, and it will surely make it into our dinner rotation regularly. Give this Mongolian Beef recipe a try in your Instant Pot, and let me know how you like it!
If you’re looking for more Instant Pot recipes, check out these cookbooks:
- Instant Pot Cookbook: 550 Easy and Delicious Mouthwatering Instant Pot Recipes For Fast and Healthy Meals
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Cookbook: 500 Everyday Recipes for Beginners and Advanced Users.
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef and Broccoli Recipe
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef & Broccoli Recipe
- 2 pounds flank steak sliced thinly against the grain
- 1.5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons minced ginger
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons filtered water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound organic broccoli chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Green onions finely chopped
- 5 cups Cooked white rice
- Turn your Instant Pot onto the Sauté setting and let it heat up.
- Add the Sesame Oil to the Instant Pot and let it heat up.
- Add half of the thinly sliced flank steak to the Instant Pot and brown it. Place the browned meat on a plate and set aside and brown the other half, then add it to the plate.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger to your Instant Pot and sauté it for 1-2 minutes. Add the tamari, water and brown sugar to the ginger and garlic and stir until well combined
- Transfer the browned beef back to the Instant Pot, add the broccoli and seal the lid.
- Use the meat setting to cook it for 11 minutes.
- When it's finished, use the the Quick Pressure Release method. Remove the lid once the pressure it completely released.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water until it's smooth, then add that to the Instant Pot. Stir it constantly until the Mongolian Beef sauce is thickened.
- Add the green onions to the Instant Pot and let it cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve your Mongolian Beef over cooked rice.