Are you looking for ideas on how to get dinner on the table fast? We’ll show you how to make the perfect Instant Pot vegetables in just a few minutes.
There is nothing like waiting until the last minute to decide what you’re having for dinner, is there? I do it far too often lately, which is why I couldn’t live without my Instant Pot after getting used to having it in my life.
I know a lot of people say that vegetables are tough to cook in the Instant Pot. You just have to know which vegetables do well in the Instant Pot, and which vegetables don’t do so well.
Artichokes do really well in the Instant Pot for me, so I decided to give a few other veggies a try. I’ve found that carrots, sweet potatoes, turnips and Brussels sprouts hold up well in the Instant Pot when cooked correctly.
You can either cook them to eat with one meal. Or, if you’re trying to save time for yourself, you can make a big pot of vegetables once a week and then they are ready to go for lunch and dinner.
If you’re looking for the best tutorial on how to make perfect Instant Pot vegetables, this recipe and try and let us know it worked for you in the comments below.
How to Make the Perfect Instant Pot Vegetables
- 2-3 sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 pound of fresh Brussels sprouts, washed
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and cut in thirds
- 1-2 turnips, peeled and chunk into large chunks
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place the rack inside the pot and place the vegetables on the rack.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal shut.
- Turn the Instant Pot on, touch ‘Manual’ and then ‘Steam’. Set the timer to 12 minutes.
- When the vegetables are done cooking, allow the Instant Pot to vent naturally or you can carefully turn the vent to release the pressure manually (standing back to avoid the steam).
- Remove the vegetables from the Instant Pot and serve.
Pin This Instant Pot Vegetables Recipe for Later