Learn how to make the best Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili in this easy recipe. It’s a delicious gluten free pressure cooker dinner recipe to make on busy nights.
My Instant Pot has been a serious lifesaver on those busy nights. I love how you can just toss everything in, press a button and have a delicious meal ready in such a short time.
Some of my favorite quick dinners to make in the Instant Pot are beef stew, Mongolian Beef, Creamy Cauliflower Soup and Vegetarian Chili. Chili is so much easier and faster to make in the Instant Pot than on the stove top.
You don’t have to babysit it and stir it constantly. All you have to do is put all of the ingredients in the Instant Pot, stir and push a button. It’s oh-so-simple. Even my daughters can make dinner with the Instant Pot.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner idea, give this Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili recipe a try.
Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- 1 cup French lentils
- 10 ounces frozen corn - or canned
- 12 ounces canned black beans
- 10 ounces chile-style diced tomatoes - with liquid
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups filtered water - or vegetable broth (none if lentils are pre-cooked)
- 1 tablespoon garlic - minced
- 2 stalks celery - chopped
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Sea salt - to taste
- Black pepper - to taste
- Sour cream - optional for serving
- fresh cilantro - optional for serving
- Shredded cheese - optional for serving
- Place all ingredients (except for the sour cream, cilantro and cheese) in your Instant Pot.
- Stir until everything is well combined.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and be sure the valve is set to sealing. Select the "Soup/Chili" setting on your Instant Pot and set for 12 minutes. If the lentils are pre-cooked, you can select 5 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally, then remove the lid and stir.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving with optional garnishes of sour cream, cheese and cilantro.