If you’re a busy family like us, then there are probably nights where you grab food out rather than cooking. Because, some nights, who has time, right?
My Instant Pot has been a serious lifesaver on those busy nights. I love how you can just toss everything in, press a button and have a delicious meal ready in such a short time.
Some of my favorite quick dinners to make in the Instant Pot are beef stew, Mongolian Beef, Creamy Cauliflower Soup and Vegetarian Chili. Chili is so much easier to make in the Instant Pot than on the stove top.
You don’t have to babysit it and stir it constantly. All you have to do is put all of the ingredients in the Instant Pot, stir and push a button. It’s oh-so-simple. Even my daughters can make dinner with the Instant Pot.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner idea, give this Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili recipe a try. And let us know what you think in the comments below.
Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- 1 cup French lentils
- 1 ten ounce can corn kernels
- 1 twelve ounce can black beans
- 1 ten ounce can chile-style diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth (none if lentils are pre-cooked)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Sour cream, optional for serving
- Cilantro, optional for serving
- Shredded cheese, optional for serving
- Place all ingredients (except for the sour cream, cilantro and cheese) in your Instant Pot.
- Stir until everything is well combined.
- Select the “Soup/Chili” setting on your Instant Pot and set for 12 minutes. If the lentils are pre-cooked, you can select 5 minutes.
- Seal the Instant Pot. Once cooking is finished, allow the pressure to naturally release.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving with optional garnishes of sour cream, cheese and cilantro.
Pin This Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili Recipe for Later