Learn how to make this easy homemade foaming hand soap with natural ingredients like castile soap and essential oils.
There are some things that are so easy to make yourself once you get it down. One of those things is liquid hand soap.
The recipe I’m sharing with you works really well and it’s easy to make even if you’re new to making your own homemade beauty products.
One of the best things about making your own DIY beauty and personal care products is that you can choose the scents using essential oils. While this recipe calls for lavender and tea tree essential oils, feel free to substitute your favorite oils.
Cinnamon and orange can be a nice combination. So can spearmint and fir needle. No matter which essential oil scents you choose, this DIY liquid hand soap is very moisturizing and smells great!
How to Make Foaming Hand Soap
- 3/4 cup castile soap
- 3/4 cup distilled water
- 1 tablespoon vitamin E oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil - or jojoba oil
- 10-15 drops tea tree essential oil
- 5-10 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 tablespoon glycerin
- 16 ounce glass jar
- Foaming soap pump top
- In a pint-sized mason jar, add the water first (to prevent bubbles) then the liquid castile soap, followed by the oils.
- Top your mason jar with a rust proof foaming soap pump or you can get a whole kit (which is sometimes less expensive!).
- Shake the jar to combine the ingredients then replace the lid and keep by the sink.