Learn how to make the best copycat Lush shower jellies with a few simple ingredients in this easy DIY beauty tutorial. Video included.
Everyone is always talking about how amazing Lush beauty products like their shower jellies are, but they’re so expensive! Did you know you could make your own copycat Lush beauty products for a fraction of the price?
In this tutorial, I show you how to make copycat Lush Shower Jellies. I used orange and black this time, but you can swap out colorant and glitter colors to make any combination you want.
A lot of people had questions about storing homemade shower jellies. I like to store mine in a mason jar in the refrigerator until we’re ready to use them.
Then we just take one out at a time and use it until it’s gone. If you give them to the kids in the tub, they’ll figure out a way to use the entire bar in one bath, so you may want to make smaller bars for kids.
Copycat Lush Shower Jellies
- Mixing bowl
- Bring (4) 1/3 cup water to a boil, then add to a mixing bowl and pour in gelatin.
- Add salt and let cool and dissolve.
- Once dissolved, mix in your shower gel or bath soap.
- Drop in red and yellow food coloring, and stir until well combined.
- Add fragrance or essential oils, if desired.
- Pour the mixture into your molds and sprinkle glitter on top.
- Sprinkle black cosmetic glitter over the top of the mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow them to chill and set for two hours, then remove from molds.
- To use, lather up in the shower or tub.