Learn how to make natural Apricot Seed Soap Bars that cleanse and exfoliate skin at the same time. Don’t they make a cute homemade gift idea?!
I have a weakness for DIY beauty products that have multiple uses. As a busy mom, I just don’t have time to use a ton of different beauty products every day. If I can kill two birds with one stone, then I’m always happy.
For as long as I can remember, I have always needed to exfoliate my skin regularly. That need has only grown since living in the mountains because it’s so stinkin’ dry up here!
Instead of sugar, I used ground apricot seeds in these soap bars to give them an exfoliating quality. It doesn’t melt away like sugar, which works well in soap. (You can also add ground apricot seed to sugar scrub cubes to pump up the exfoliating power like in my Apricot Seed Sugar Scrub Cubes recipe.)
And don’t worry, this recipe is super easy to make since it uses a melt and pour soap base. It’s really hard to mess up, even for DIY beauty beginners.
Skin Smoothing Apricot Seed Soap Bars Tutorial
I hope you’ll give this skin-smoothing Apricot Seed Soap Bars recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Skin Smoothing Apricot Seed Soap Bars
- Chop soap base into 1 inch cubes and place into a double boiler. Place into the double boiler over medium heat, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth. If you don't have a double boiler, you can use a glass bowl or measuring cup submersed into a pan of hot water to get the same effect.
- Once melted, add soap colorant and essential oils and stir until well combined.
- Add ground apricot seeds and stir until well combined.
- Quickly pour your mixture into the soap mold before it starts to harden. You can also return the pan or mixing cup to the heat to re-melt, if needed.
- Spray the melted soap in the mold lightly with rubbing alcohol to reduce bubbles.
- Allow the soap to cool undisturbed for 1-2 hours or completely dry and hardened. Once hardened, remove from the soap mold and cut into 2-3 inch bars.
- Store your finished skin-smoothing Apricot Seed Soap Bars in a cool, dry place. They make great gifts!