Jump to Directions
Learn how to make natural Apricot Seed Soap Bars that cleanse and exfoliate skin at the same time. Don’t they make a cute homemade gift idea?!
I have a weakness for DIY beauty products that have multiple uses. For as long as I can remember, I have always needed to exfoliate my skin regularly.
While I love making sugar scrubs and sugar scrub cubes, sometimes I just want to be able to exfoliate my skin while I’m washing it. That’s where exfoliating soap bars come in.
Instead of sugar, I used ground apricot seeds in these soap bars to give them an exfoliating quality. It doesn’t melt away like sugar, which works well in soap. (You can also add ground apricot seed to sugar scrub cubes to pump up the exfoliating power like in my Apricot Seed Sugar Scrub Cubes recipe.)
And don’t worry, this recipe is super easy to make since it uses a melt and pour soap base. It’s really hard to mess up, even for DIY beauty beginners.
Skin Smoothing Apricot Seed Soap Bars
- 1 pound triple butter glycerin melt & pour soap base
- 2 tablespoons ground apricot seed
- 15 drops orange essential oil
- 1 drop orange soap colorant
- Soap mold
- Double boiler - (or pan with glass bowl or measuring cup)
- Wood craft stick - for stirring
- Rubbing alcohol - optional
- Chop soap base into 1 inch cubes and place into a double boiler. Place into the double boiler over medium heat, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth. If you don't have a double boiler, you can use a glass bowl or measuring cup submersed into a pan of hot water to get the same effect.
- Once melted, add soap colorant and essential oils and stir until well combined.
- Add ground apricot seeds and stir until well combined.
- Quickly pour your mixture into the soap mold before it starts to harden. You can also return the pan or mixing cup to the heat to re-melt, if needed.
- Spray the melted soap in the mold lightly with rubbing alcohol to reduce bubbles.
- Allow the soap to cool undisturbed for 1-2 hours or completely dry and hardened. Once hardened, remove from the soap mold and cut into 2-3 inch bars.
- Store your finished skin-smoothing Apricot Seed Soap Bars in a cool, dry place. They make great gifts!