These DIY Exfoliating Apricot Seed Sugar Scrub Cubes are easy to make and they do wonders for rough, dry skin. Try them for your next spa day!
When I was a teen, I was obsessed with a certain apricot seed face scrub. So I’ve recently started experimenting with ground apricot seed as an exfoliant, and these Apricot Seed Sugar Scrub Cubes are a product of that experimentation.
I’ve made many sugar scrub cubes recipes, but this is the first one using apricot seed powder. It gives them some extra exfoliating power. In addition to being used as an exfoliant, these apricot seed sugar scrub cubes also work as a skin cleanser. I love beauty products with multiple purposes.
You can scent them however you like. I used sweet orange essential oil, but you can use the scent (and color) of your choice!
Exfoliating Apricot Sugar Scrub Cubes
- ⅛ cup apricot oil
- ⅛ pound triple butter glycerin melt & pour soap base - (equivalent of about 2 cubes)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground apricot seed
- 15 drops orange essential oil - or your choice of oils
- 2 drops orange soap colorant
- Small round ice cube tray
- Measuring cups
- Melt your soap base in a double boiler, stirring frequently, until it's smooth.
- Add the apricot oil, sugar, ground apricot seed, soap dye and essential oil, and stir until well combined.
- Immediately pour the mixture into your ice cube tray and let set for about 2 hours. If it starts to harden in the process, put it back over the heat.
- Once cool and hardened, pop your Apricot Seed Sugar Scrub Cubes out of the ice cube tray and store in an airtight container.