Do you want to soak your sore muscles in a relaxing tub of homemade lavender bath salts? Learn how to make the best DIY bath salts recipe in this easy tutorial.
Soaking in a warm tub of relaxing lavender bath salts is one of my favorite ways to unwind at the end of a long day. So many moms can relate to that feeling, I know. That’s why it’s so important for us all to indulge in a little me time and self care practices.
Lavender is one of my favorite scents to use when I need to relax. I love to use dried lavender, fresh lavender and lavender essential oil – or any combination thereof!
Today, I want to share one of my favorite easy homemade beauty recipes with you! It’s a super easy recipe to make and also one of my favorites to use myself.
Next time you’re feeling overwhelmed, make a batch of these bath salts and relax in a hot tub while reading a book or listening to something you enjoy. You’ll discover that these DIY Relaxing Lavender Bath Salts help soothe sore muscles and relax your mind.
How to Make Relaxing Lavender Bath Salts
- Mixing bowl
- Mason Jar
- Add the Epson salt, sea salt, baking soda and lavender buds to a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Drizzle the Vitamin E oil and lavender essential oil on top and stir to distribute the oils.
- Transfer the lavender bath salts to an airtight glass container and store up to 6 months in a cool and dry place.
How to Use Bath Salts
- Pour 1/4 cup of the lavender bath salts into the bath water to allow the lavender aroma to be released by the steam.
- Soak for at least 15 minutes in the tub. The scent of lavender is calming, relaxing and soothes tired muscles.