Are you searching for the best DIY natural beauty recipe for dry skin? Learn how to make lavender body butter in a jar – no double boiler needed!
I make most of my DIY beauty products using a double boiler. I’ve had a lot of readers reach out and ask about making my homemade skincare recipes without a double boiler.
So I wanted to share this tutorial on how to make lavender body butter in a jar with you! You can use this same method for most of the balm recipes and salve recipes on this website.
This lavender body butter recipe is super rich and nourishing thanks to the powerful combination of natural ingredients we use. It’s perfect to use this time of year when the air is so dry.
Apply it right after your shower to lock in the moisture and soothe dry skin. If you keep some in smaller balm containers, you can take it with you on the go, so you can moisturize whenever your skin needs it.
This recipe for Lavender Body Butter also makes a great gift for anyone who loves to relax as much as I do!
How to Make Lavender Body Butter in a Jar
Supplies and Ingredients
- 1/2 cup almond or avocado oil
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons beeswax
- 1 tablespoon cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- Start by gathering and measuring out all of the ingredients.
- In a small, heat proof jar (or double boiler), combine all ingredients except the essential oil.
- Place the jar into a small pot of water at a rolling boil. Tip: make sure no water gets into the mixture as it will cause the lavender body butter to expire quickly.
- Heat until all of the ingredients are fully melted and well combined (it usually takes about 12 minutes).
- While the mixture is melting, get out your storage jars.
- Once melted, remove the pan from the heat and allow it to sit for 1-2 minutes, then whisk in the lavender essential oil.
- Moving quickly, pour the mixture into jars through a strainer.
- Let the balm containers sit on the counter for 24 hours to firm up. Once the jars are completely cool, you can apply the lids.
- Makes two small 4 ounce mason jars worth of lavender body butter.
Love lavender? Check out these DIY lavender beauty products:
- Relaxing Lavender Bath Salts
- Lavender Sugar Scrub Cubes
- Lavender Bath Bombs
- Calendula Lavender Salve
- Sandalwood Lavender Bath Sachets
- Lavender Chamomile Goat Milk Soap
- Dry Skin Balm with Lavender
Pin this Lavender Body Butter to your DIY Beauty board