This is the best gluten free chicken pot pie casserole for family dinners! Our easy from scratch recipe uses a delicious homemade crust and simple filling.
When I first went gluten free, there were so many things I missed! I’ve replaced most of them with new favorites, so I decided it was time to make a gluten free chicken pot pie casserole.
My daughters are growing. As they’ve gotten older, we have started to need more than just a pie dish, so I decided to make it into a full sized casserole so we could feed more people.
This gluten free chicken pot pie casserole has all of the yummy flavors that we grew up with, only without the gluten ingredients that so many of us have to avoid now. You won’t even know the difference.
If you’ve been searching for the best gluten free chicken pot pie casserole, here is the recipe.
Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Recipe
- 1 onion chopped
- 24 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 3 cups homemade chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1.5 cups whole milk
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch or alternative thickeners
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a 4 quart saucepan, add a tablespoon of oil or butter and the chopped onion, then cook until translucent.
- Stir in frozen vegetables, chicken, chicken stock and spices. Turn up heat to allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- In a small bowl, add the milk and cornstarch, then mix until smooth. Stir into the pot pie mixture on the stove. Continue boiling until the liquid has thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the chicken pot pie contents into an ungreased 9 x 13” casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, add topping ingredients and mix well. Spoon topping over the chicken mixture and smooth out to cover the surface.
- Bake your gluten free chicken pot pie casserole for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean. Sprinkle with fresh parsley as garnish, if desired, and serve while hot.