Is the dry winter weather causing your lips to crack and dry out? Give our DIY Whipped Sugar Lip Scrub a try – you’ll end up with irresistible lips!
Now that the winter weather has started to set in, I’m finding that my lips are becoming quite chapped! I find that no matter how much homemade lip balm I use, it doesn’t matter unless I’m exfoliating as well.
Fortunately, it’s super easy to make a delicious lip scrub that keeps my lips exfoliated and moisturized at the same time. The best thing is you really only need 2 ingredients – coconut oil and sugar!
You can also add a bit of soap colorant or food coloring and some essential oils if you like, but it’s not necessary. The two main ingredients are what really does the work of keeping your lips irresistibly smooth.
Some essential oil combinations I like are lemon and lime or peppermint and orange. The soap colorant is really just for a fun color, so feel free to leave it out.
A little lip scrub lasts a really long time! If you find this recipe is for a larger batch than you’ll ever use on your lips and you’re out of people to gift it too, you can also use it as a hand scrub or body scrub as well. It’s super versatile!
While you can purchase a pre-made lip scrub, it’s a lot of fun to make your own homemade scrub along with your own DIY lip balm. I hope you enjoy having super smooth and nourished lips as much as I do.
DIY Whipped Sugar Lip Scrub for Irresistible Lips
- ¼ cup coconut oil - solid, not melted
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1-2 drops pink food coloring - optional
- 2-3 drops essential oil - optional
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric hand mixer
- Place the solid coconut oil into a large mixing bowl or your stand mixer. Turn on your stand mixer or use an electric hand mixer to whip the coconut oil for 30 seconds.
- Put the bowl with the whipped coconut oil into the freezer for 3 minutes. Remove the bowl and whip again for 1 minute.
- Add the sugar to the mixing bowl and whip with the coconut oil for another minute.
- If you are using food coloring and/or essential oils, add them now and whip until combined.
- Use a small amount and gently rub in small circles onto your lips.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Don’t press too hard or you’ll remove all of the nourishing coconut oil.