I created this easy natural roll-on lip gloss with yummy customizable flavor options for my daughters. I hope you’ll this recipe as much as we have.
Do you remember those roll-on lip gloss bottles from when we are kids? I have fond memories of applying all of the different fun flavors.
I decided to try making my own DIY roll-on lip gloss bottles I can share with my daughters. In less than 5 minutes, you can make several bottles of your own custom flavored roll-on lip gloss.
While the initial purchase of natural beauty ingredients may seem a bit steep, they go a long way, can be used in many DIY recipes, and the cost of each roll-on lip gloss bottle is very inexpensive.
I make a ton of different homemade beauty products, so I always have these ingredients on hand. While I personally prefer to pick and choose my ingredients individually, if you’re looking for something simple for a birthday party or something, you can also buy kits that have everything you need to make lip gloss.
Some great flavors for your lip gloss are:
- Orange and vanilla (add a ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract)
- Bergamot and grapefruit
- Peppermint and lavender
- Cinnamon and orange (cinnamon is great for lip plumping)
- Peppermint and orange
If you’re looking for flavors reminiscent of the lip gloss rollers of our childhood, you can try using natural flavoring oils. You can find all sorts of fun flavors like strawberry, butter pecan, root beer and mango.
Of course, you can also purchase a pre-made natural lip gloss, but it’s not as much fun as making your own.
DIY Customizable Roll-On Lip Gloss Tutorial
- 1 10 mL roller bottle
- 2 teaspoons fractionated coconut oil
- 2-3 drops jojoba oil
- 3-4 drops essential oil - of your choice (fruit scents are a good choice)
- Essential oil dropper
- Small mixing bowl
- Remove the top of the roller bottle, if necessary. Combine the fractionated coconut oil, jojoba oil and your chosen essential oils in a small dish, then transfer the mixture to your roller bottle using a small dropper or pipette.
- Replace the top of the roller bottle securely, then apply the cap. Shake, then your roll-on-lip gloss is ready to use.