This easy DIY Lavender Sugar Scrub Cubes recipe makes a great handmade gift idea. These little exfoliating bars cleanse and exfoliate skin while soothing and relaxing your body with aromatherapy.
It’s time to start thinking about what you’ll hand out for homemade gift ideas this year. Each fall, people flock to my Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars tutorial for their gift-giving needs.
Since that DIY beauty recipe is so popular, I decided to do a lavender version this year. I love how relaxing and soothing lavender is in homemade beauty products like these DIY sugar scrub cubes.
At the end of a long day, just hop in the shower or bath and pamper your skin while giving yourself a relaxing aromatherapy experience. I love that sugar scrub cubes both cleanse and exfoliate your skin at the same time. Double duty!
If you’re looking for the perfect DIY gift for Christmas this year (or need an excuse to pamper yourself), give this DIY Lavender Sugar Scrub Cubes tutorial a try and let us know how you liked them with a rating or by sharing with friends.
How to Make Lavender Sugar Scrub Cubes
- Place about 5-6 large ice cube sized pieces of your melt and pour soap into a double boiler and heat over medium until completely melted (should equal 1/3 cup, a little more is fine but no less).
- Remove the pan from the heat, then stir in your sweet almond oil, vitamin e oil, lavender essential oil and a dried lavender.
- Quickly mix in your sugar and pour into your silicone molds (once the sugar is added, the mixture hardens quickly, so be sure to work fast).
- Set the silicone mold in the freezer for 15 minutes to harden the sugar scrub cubes.
- Remove the silicone mold from the freezer and push up on the bottom of your molds to remove each sugar scrub cube.
- Place several homemade sugar scrub bars in a mason jar and top with some fabric and a ribbon for a special handmade gift!