Are you looking for the best DIY alternative to Pledge, Liquid Gold or Old English to clean the wood in your home? This easy natural homemade furniture polish recipe with essential oils is easy to make and it works great.
This recipe for natural homemade furniture polish is quick, easy and effective! You can change up the essential oils if you would like to create your favorite scent combination.
I like to use squat mason jars for my homemade furniture polish. Not only are they pretty, but they are perfect for furniture polish. They have a wide mouth and shallow build that allows you to scoop out every last bit of the homemade furniture polish, so nothing goes to waste.
Homemade Furniture Polish
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax pastilles - + 1 teaspoon
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- Half pint mason jar
- Sauce Pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Place olive oil and beeswax pellets right into your short mason jar. I like to mix my ingredients right in the jar I am going to store them in. It saves me a step in cleaning an extra pot.
- Set jar in a small pan and carefully add water to the pan until jar is half submerged.
- Heat over medium, stirring frequently, until beeswax pellets are completely melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Then stir in essential oils.
- Allow it to cool completely, then replace lid and store in a cool dark place.