Are you looking for a safer way to cleanse your furniture? Our homemade wood polish spray recipe uses natural ingredients for an easy, shiny clean.
As a child, one of my chores was polishing all of the oak finishes we had in our house along with the furniture. To this day, the smell of Pledge brings a flood of memories back.
I can almost feel myself standing in my childhood dining room with an old rag in one hand and a yellow bottle of Pledge in the other. The memories!
These days, we don’t use things like Pledge in our home. We prefer to make our own DIY cleaners or purchase natural cleaning products.
I posted a recipe for a natural furniture polish previously, but a lot of people were asking for a spray instead. I think a lot of us grew up spraying our furniture with Pledge 😉
So today, I bring you a recipe for a natural wood polish spray! If you’re already into natural living, you probably have all of these ingredients on hand, so let’s get started.
Simple Homemade Wood Polish Spray
- Pour ½ cup vinegar and 1 cup of olive oil into a mason jar.
- Add the castile soap and essential oil and stir until well combined.
- Use a funnel to pour the wood polish mixture into a clean, empty glass spray bottle.
- Pour in the remaining ½ cup of vinegar into the mason jar with the leftover castile soap and stir to combine. Pour it through the funnel it into your spray bottle. This will help make sure you get the remaining soap from the jar into your wood polish spray bottle.
- If desired, use a sticker maker to print out a label and stick it to your bottle.