Looking for a unique handmade gift idea? These Sparkly DIY Glitter Soap Gems make a perfect gift for the pretty princess in your life (even if that’s YOU)!
Who else has girls that love everything that sparkles? My younger daughter is absolutely obsessed with sparkly things – I am constantly finding glitter everywhere around our house.
So, I figured I should put that glitter to good use and make some soap that she’ll love bathing with. What little girl wouldn’t love a pink and purple sparkly bath?
So I broke out my DIY beauty supplies and got to work. What I came up with worked out absolutely great! Kaylee is all about lathering up now!
These DIY Glitter Soap Gems are easy to make, and they make an absolutely wonderful gift – especially with the holidays on the horizon. Simply place them in a nice mason jar or organza bag and you’ll have the perfect presentation for this fun handmade gift idea.
How to Make Sparkly DIY Glitter Soap Gems
- Clear glycerin melt and pour soap block
- Silver cosmetic grade glitter
- Blue and pink soap colorant like this set (you could also use mica powder, but it’s messier)
- Soap scent or essential oils (your choice)
- Wilton gem soap mold
- Craft sticks or spatula for stirring
- Glass measuring cup
- Start by cutting your glycerin melt and pour soap block into about 4-5 large ice cube size pieces.
- Place your soap cubes into your double boiler until it’s completely melted, but very hot. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can use a glass measuring cup in a pan of hot water (just make sure to put something between the glass and the pan bottom so it doesn’t shatter – mason jar rings work for this).
- Mix in a couple drops of your pink soap colorant and a 1/4 teaspoon of cosmetic grade glitter.
- Then add a few drops of your soap scent or essential oils and mix until well combined.
- Place your gem soap mold onto a cookie sheet or baking pan to give it some stability.
- Fill about 5 gem cavities with your melted pink soap.
- Add a drop of blue soap coloring in to the remaining pink soap mixture and stir until well combined (it should be purple at this point).
- Fill another 5 gem cavities with your melted purple soap.
- Carefully place the cookie sheet and gem mold in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden.
- Remove from the freezer, then carefully stretch the sides of your mold and push up on the bottom to remove your soaps.
- Use your glitter soap gems to make lathering up more fun!